Friday, April 30, 2010

Pufferbelly Depot Adaptive Reuse

FINAL BOARDS






















PRELIMINARY PLAN







FINAL MODEL




















REFLECTION


I really enjoyed this project. It's interesting to see how different parts of the project evolved starting from one photo inspiration to modules, and patterns and so forth. I am happy with the the final outcome but there is so much that I would want to improve on. Everything was going the way I wanted in the beginning, but near the end of the process I struggled with time management. What I thought would only take me two hours ended up taking the whole night to finish. I think it was the SketchUp model that pushed me behind schedule. I also designed really intricate soffits and lighting plans that I wanted to apply in various rooms of the residential space but I only had time to create the soffit for the gallery.


As for my boards, I don't think I showed enough of the residential space. I wanted to include a perspective of the home office, transitions, and the master bedroom on my final boards but I ran out of time so that was crossed off my list of things to do. Initially I planned to create the boards digitally but because of time, that too was crossed off the list. This project really taught me how to problem solve and prioritize. It also gave me a better idea of how much time I need for certain tasks, and how important it is to stick to a schedule and manage time efficiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment